Performances of technical woven fabrics
During this course, the student will learn:
- The clustering of the different types of 3D fabric architectures
- The definition of the 3D warp interlock fabric
- The design of a technical fabric responding to mechanical stresses
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Know the different applications of technical fabrics
- Adapt the weaving process/loom to produce the required technical fabric
- Improve a technical fabric to respond to the different requirements
- Previous acquired knowledge on the fundamentals of weaving and weave diagram theory (E1-TISS01), (E1-TISS02)
- Knowledge on multi-layers fabric (E2-TISS03).
CONTENTS / DESCRIPTION
- Description and clustering of technical fabrics
- Description of physical, chemical, thermic and mechanical parameters of the technical yarns to be used in fabrics
- Design of technical fabric responding to mechanical stresses.
- Modelling of multi-layers fabrics (application to 3D warp interlock fabric)
- Adaptation of weaving machines to produce technical fabrics.
- Lectures (application of technical fabrics, definition of 3D warp interlock fabrics, design of technical fabrics)
- Tutorials (application of the 3D warp interlock fabric definition and corresponding data sheets, identification of technical fabric parameters responding to mechanical stresses)
Written exam on the technical fabric design (1 hour – with documents).